Re: [Debconf-team] reading thru the meeting logs...

Gaudenz Steinlin dijo [Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 05:00:04PM +0200]:
> > 2. travel sponsorship: I think given the finacial situation, we can stop
> > thinking about it. Really.
>
> As I also said during the meeting I disagree. I think we should at least
> make sure that the results from the discussion we had on list are not
> lost and the points we agreed upon are properly documented. This is IMO
> independent of DC13.
>
> In general I think we should avoid any "emergency mode". We still have 9
> months until the proposed DC13 date. While we have to take some decision
> rather soon there is nothing very urgent. Thus I think that also topics
> like this should be allowed.

Right. Emergency mode rarely makes us take the best
decisions. However, in order to get the number closer in line with the
forseen numbers, we can assume no travel sponsorship will be
paid. That will mean we have to budget for IIRC CHF30K less - And ~15%
of our current budget is no small feat. If by a pertinent point (say,
February or March) we have clear indication we will meet the ~170K, we
can start the travel sponsorship process.

> > 4. I disagree with Gunnar on "We are either holding DC13 in Switzerland or
> > cancelling it altogether, I think" ;-)
>
> I hope nobody seriously considers cancelling at this point. I don't
> think talking about cancelling any further helps at the moment.

Sigh... Ok, sorry for coming up with quick phrases - But what I meant
is that right now, AFAIK, we are only looking at options in
Switzerland. And I don't expect this to change this late.