[Debconf-team] reading thru the meeting logs...

Hi,

I'm reading through the meeting log and these are my comments.

1. budget is now (?) assuming 220K, with 100k coming from sponsors and 100k
coming from attendees and 20k missing.

reply: frankly speaking, thats not my DebConf, 100k from attendees means 250
from each attendee, if 400 come and pay. Gunnar (and others, incl. myself)
repeatly explained why we dont want to require attendees to pay, see
<[🔎] 20121022184523.GE15087@gwolf.org>

Making food optional (or canceling it) is IMO way better than introducing
attendee feeds.

2. travel sponsorship: I think given the finacial situation, we can stop
thinking about it. Really.

3. "bad points about le camp contract": that we have to pay 60K
_this_year_already_ is another huge problem with them, which was not listed in
the meeting. How do you folks expect to spend those 60k if we dont have it? I
just checked my pockets, but no 60K there.

3a. So assuming we'd sign the lecamp contract (or any others introducing 150K
in costs) how would you propose to deal with the, eg, 100K debt? Share it
between the individuals who registered debconf13.ch (the association)? Move
the debt to Debian?

I assume if we have signed such a contract, someone _will_ need to have to pay
the bill. And thats why I'm still reluctant to (tell people to) sign...

4. I disagree with Gunnar on "We are either holding DC13 in Switzerland or
cancelling it altogether, I think" ;-)

5. "melchtal and fiesch" - fiesch is no option anymore as I understood (closer
than one year in advance), so whats the status about melchtal? Fiesch was
going to be called this week anyway, but you didnt comment on Melchtal...

disclaimer: I havent read those >30 mails yet, which made it to -team@ since
yesterday... hopefully tonight.

cheers,
	Holger