Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

Gaudenz Steinlin dijo [Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:33:26AM +0200]:
> >> - Option of Le Camp sponsoring DebConf. If they reduce the price, we
> >>    could list them as sponsors. I don't have high hopes that they agree
> >>    to this, but we could at least try.
> >
> > No. This must be discussed by the debconf-team before making such
> > proposal. People was not so happy having the fact accomplished without
> > discussion last year (and -team clearly added a note about this for us
> > and future debconfs).
>
> I don't think we have to handle this specially from other sponsorships.
> We also don't require debconf-team discussion before approaching any
> other sponsor. So yes nothing can be promised before the team agrees,
> but we can nevertheless explore the posibility by mentioning it a s an
> option. And that's the only thing I considered anyway.

Thinking this a bit over... I am with Gaudenz here. If we are going to
work in x venue, and have already the prices, and x venue agrees to
reduce y% to have us decide to stay with them — They qualify as
sponsors for the corresponding bracket. Even if we never see the
money, it's just money we won't have to pay - Just as UCA and the
national government in DC12, the Srpska government in DC11, Junta de
Extremadura in DC9.

I believe the problem last year (I might be mistaken) is that UCA gave
us right away the discounted numbers, implying they usually charged
way more, and we were not given the chance to consider. But then
again, given the chance, we would have probably agreed.