Re: [Debconf-team] Le Camp contract, 2012-09-27

On 28/09/12 17:10, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:05:17 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> On 28/09/12 14:21, Luca Capello wrote:
>>> If the above numbers do not change for 2013, it means that we can still
>>> cancel without having paid the second part (to be paid on February 20,
>>> 2013), which seems a bit better than my previous understandings.
>>
>> Thanks for that, here is my interpretation:
>
> Thank you for the detailed timeline, which seems correct to me.

>>> What do you mean?
>>
>> Is that money to be paid from sponsorship, or money left over from DC12,
>> or can the money be borrowed (e.g. from Debian itself)?
>
> IMHO it should be from sponsorship, I do not even know if we had a
> similar situation for past DebConfs.

This worries me a lot.  Getting 20k from sponsors between now and
December may not be so hard - but the problem is getting the other 140k

If we run out of steam and end up raising just 110k, for example, by
July, then all the 20k+20k+20k from early sponsors is lost, forever, and
we have 50k in the bank to make a DebConf somewhere else - and if it is
not enough, and DebConf doesn't happen, those early sponsors may not
support DC14+