Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] split debcamp?

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 05:03:46PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 18/09/12 14:36, Michele Cane wrote:

> >> The discussion about the contract suggests it is not 200, more like 235
> >> bed average now: so the `risk' factor is higher

> > Let's stop talking about average number of people in Le Camp.

> > To have the full access at Le Camp we have to pay 4880 CHF per day. If
> > we agree on that than we can host up to 235*13 people during the whole
> > camp.

> > That's it. If at the end less people attended the price to pay is the
> > same. If we are more we will pay more. There is no risk factor at all it
> > is even better if for the same amount we can host more people.

> Let's put it another way:

> DebCamp, ignore DebConf week: 100 people attend 6 nights, but we are
> paying for 235 for 6 nights

Has any consideration been given to not holding DebCamp as a separate
one-week event?  If this "subletting" doesn't happen, and the budget is a
problem, condensing DebCamp+DebConf to a single week seems to me like an
obvious way to bring the budget under control.