Re: [Debconf-team] Information gathered for travel sponsorship

On 04/09/12 19:07, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Montag, 3. September 2012, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> Actually, that is an interesting point
>
> no, its a boring old point...
>
>> If somebody's employer gives them a week of work time to attend DebConf,
>> should that company be recognised as a sponsor?
>
> no. We only count money (or directly valuable ressources, usually things) into
> account for sponsoring.
>
> (I guesstimate) Half of the orgateam is freelancing, listing them as sponsors
> is... pointless or even totally besides the point.

Not completely pointless - it encourages more companies to follow the
example of sending people on work time.

Of course, if every company did that, and no company sends cash, there
would be a problem: maybe just give 50% discount on sponsorship