Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] Le Camp Contract

On 02/09/12 12:07, Michele Cane wrote:

>> * Forfait for accomodation is calculated incorrectly if based on a
>> minimum 200person occupancy.
>> He just calculated 200x (most expensive rooms), but there only exist
>> 129 of those :-)
>> Much fairer would be a price based on average room price.
>
> The minimum is 4880 per day. Is not related to a minimum number of
> people. We can compose the bed ration per night. If after 13 nights the
> sum of the price is less than 4880 x 13 we will have to pay 4880 x 13
> anyway.

4880 per day inc VAT or ex VAT?

So this means we would actually need more than the average of 200 people
per night, e.g. the average over 2 weeks becomes 220 or 250 per night?

Or to put it differently, assume cheapest beds are always filled first,
and assuming it is ex VAT, avg 20 per night DebCamp and average 24 per
night DebConf:

DebCamp, 7 nights, 100 people paying lowest rate, 100x7x20 = 14000
DebConf, 6 nights, 300 people paying multiple rates, 300x7x24 = 50400
=> total = 64,400
=> average = 64,400 / 13 = 4954 per night ex VAT

It seems very close to the minimum target

This places more pressure to avoid having empty beds during the DebCamp week

I've been contemplating one option for the DebCamp week and I hope to
circulate a formal proposal before the next meeting.