Re: [Debconf-team] Meeting dates and times rhythm ?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 06:54:19PM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> a) What about picking a non-multiple-of-7 (such as 22) days offset
> between meetings so that the day-during-the-week rotates over time?
> (and stick to that).

This (approximately) minimises the chance that people remember the
meeting day/time.

> b) What about picking the best time-in-the-week for me? (Thursday,
> 19:30 swiss time works for most of the weeks, but not all :-)
> ). More seriously, do we have a chance for a magical constant
> time-in-the-week?

This is what normally worked best.  Even when we started with another
plan, we normally fell into this one, with a 'least bad' day/time
based on the team's timezones and other commitments.  (That time isn't
necessarily the one you discover by doing direct polling.)

> c) What about continuing with time polls for each meeting? Aka every
> potential meeting attendee has to fill a poll every month (or so).

The busiest people are usually the least likely to fill out the polls
on time.  It's also common if there's a poll that the meeting date is
announced too late.  And people acquire new commitments after they
initially filled out the poll anyway.

> d) any other idea ?

Not that is better than those already mentioned.

--
Moray