Re: [Debconf-team] SVN -> GIT migration

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 05:47:21PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

> Hi
>
> Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > (a bit late, but...)
>
> From the timing I'm not sure if your mail was sent before you read my
> last mail to this thread [1] or afterwards. Could you please clarify if my
> mail addresses your concerns or which ones are still an issue with the
> latest proposal.

Probably I didn't read it, as you can tell, I am weeks behind on
everything (and will be for another few weeks, I intended to continue
not paying attention for longer)

> If possible I would like to have a decision about the conversion and the
> proposed repository access procedure during the meeting tonight.

It does make it non-bad, but I am not sure about real advantages.
However, it makes it more comfortable, so it'll probably happen
(meaning: if everyone else wants to, go).  One person blocking is
worse than not being able to adapt.

The most important things there are a yearly addition of someone as
moderator and reviewing permissions.  I think this each should be
expanded to the entire admin team, with each year adding someone to
the that team and allowing people to opt out after their time is
past.  I would be so happy if a DC13 or DC12 person got on admin
team.  But that is mostly a separate story.

The other non-technical meta-organization in your email is also very
good.

Guidelines for what goes where could maybe be on my new page at
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Communication
and/or perhaps a dedicated VCS page on the wiki explaining for new
people how to get and give.

- Richard