Re: [Debconf-team] And regarding the Penta replacement

Holger Levsen dijo [Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 09:39:03AM +0200]:
> > So, fwiw I'm inclined to say
> > "he who will lead the work shall choose the tools".
>
> no!
>
> if we don't have a video workflow like penta provides us now, we either wont
> be able to release videos as fast as we did at dc12 or we will still have to
> use penta as well _plus_ maintain a data-import from the new conference
> system. And that sounds so bad to me, that I'd rather have penta for dc13 as
> well.

Of course. In my to-do list, before presenting Frab as a credible
replacement, we will have to provide all of the workflows we currently
manage (and use) in Pentabarf. That includes (but is not limited to):

- Video
- Volunteers
- Receiving+rating talks
- Scheduling
- Rating sponsorship requests (for lodging+food and for travel)
- Keeping track of arrival and departure dates
- Producing nametags

Not all of that was part of Pentabarf up to now (i.e. the last two
always required external scripts), but we can make it part of the
clicky-clicky interface now.