Re: [Debconf-team] And regarding the Penta replacement

Hi Eric,

On Dienstag, 14. August 2012, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> In any case, I haven't seen anything since dc12 from anyone else here
> about trying out any of the other options.

dc12 ended a month ago, today. So I'm not surprised no new work has been
started yet.

> So, fwiw I'm inclined to say
> "he who will lead the work shall choose the tools".

no!

if we don't have a video workflow like penta provides us now, we either wont
be able to release videos as fast as we did at dc12 or we will still have to
use penta as well _plus_ maintain a data-import from the new conference
system. And that sounds so bad to me, that I'd rather have penta for dc13 as
well.

> Can we get a comparison from admin@ of Cletus' and Skinner's resources?
> Also, it would be good to have an idea of skinner's peak resource usage
> during critical periods of the DebConf annual cycle.
> Depending on what we need, I might possibly be able to contribute a
> machine at least for the hacking phase.

that would be awesome.

cheers,
	Holger