Re: [Debconf-team] Cancellation policy

On 14.08.2012 13:09, Holger Levsen wrote:
On Dienstag, 14. August 2012, Daniel Pocock wrote:
But on the issue of whether we have no policy: I just think that is a
bad idea.  It is better to tell people the worst case scenario before
they pay any money, then if something goes wrong, they will not feel angry.

we don't have a cancelation policy so logically they should not expect
anything. I'd be fine to spell this out, but I don't see much point.

Not really. Until we start giving something to the customers, we are obliged to return money to the customer, if he ask so. You should also remember that in DebConf we are the "strong part", so any doubts on contracts are in favor to our attendees.

And in many countries the consumer rights are more powerful, especially in such fields (travels, hotels, ...). And BTW part of the payment go thru FFIS, so really we need a cancellation policy.

So we should use the simple one:

"There are no refunds in case of cancellation (exception could be applied case by case, ask registration desk as soon as possible)."

ciao
	cate