Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 sponsoring brochure, sponsorship levels

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2012, Luca Capello wrote:
> As you have probably noticed [1], we are now working to finalize the
> DC13 sponsoring brochure and then start our quest for sponsors.

yay!

> I read the latest discussion [2] about DC12 sponsorship levels and I
> think the best resume was given by Holger:
>
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:48:17 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Hm, I really like the way we have now: bronce=website, silver=tshirt
> > (short for cloth), gold=video, platinum=premium partner. It's easy to
> > remember and thus to explain,.

quite unsurprisingly, I still like this :-)

> [Silver has] Benefits from bronze, and also:
>   + Logo printed on conference T-Shirts
>   + Logo printed on conference bags
>   + Opportunity to provide corporate materials to be distributed to
>     attendees in their conference bags

actually I somewhat changed my mind here, and think _all_ sponsors, indepent
of their involvement, should have the opportunity to "spam" us in the
conference bags. Thats basically how it always was, it's cheap (for us) and
sponsors like it and expect it, but no sponsor will pay more for this
opportunity. So I think we should give in to the real world, and just accept
"spam" from every sponsor who wants to spam^winform us.

> * BRONZE - starting from CHF 2'500 [DC10 2'000, DC11 2'500, DC12 2'000]
> * SILVER - starting from CHF 7'500 [DC10 10'000, DC11 6'000, DC12 5'000]
> * GOLD - starting from CHF 15'000 [DC10 20'000, DC11 12'000, DC12 12'500]
> * PLATINUM - starting from CHF 30'000 [DC10 30'000, DC11 30'000, DC12
> 25'000]

I also think these amounts are too high and I like to bring back the steel
level, with the sole benefit as being listed on one page of our website (as
opposed to bronze which is on every webpage).

So:

steel: below 2000 CHF
bronze: 2000 CHF+
silver: 5000 CHF
gold: 10000 CHF
platinum: 20000 CHF

IME its way easier to find 5 sponsors for 2000 each, then it is to find one
for 10000. Last years I heard a lot of complaints from small companies saying
that our sponsorship options are quite expensive for the little
benefit/exposure we have. Thus we should make the entry levels easy to match
while for the higher levels I basically think we are fine.

Maybe we can even split steel in two categories, and list those companies who
donate 1000 CHF or more on the top, while <1000 CHF goes to the bottom. Or we
simply order that page by amount...

> * The size and order of sponsor logos in promotional materials will be
>   set according to the amount of sponsorship received from each sponsor.

making them appear the same size for each category is difficult enough, so I
would leave it at that. (+we still need to define that as well.)

>   - Tourist outing

I'm quite sure I didnt bring up this term, but I do think it should refer to
day trip.

> c) who handle the sponsorship process and money?  Or, if you want to
>    have it differently, which structure should be put on the sponsorship
>    brochure?  Until now we used the DebConf Sponsorship Team, but for
>    DebConf12 it was suggested to add a note about SPI & Co. [9], while
>    the DebConf13 localteam also started a discussion about a separate
>    and new association [10].  This is even more important if we would
>    like to advertise the possibility of tax exemption [11].

if you didnt mean to discuss the legal entity with this, then I dont
understand your question...

cheers,
	Holger