Re: [Debconf-team] DC13 sponsoring brochure, sponsorship levels

Hi there!

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:51:17 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:21:03AM +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> >Sponsorship levels
> >------------------
> >
> >* BRONZE - starting from CHF 2'500 [DC10 2'000, DC11 2'500, DC12 2'000]
> >
> >* SILVER - starting from CHF 7'500 [DC10 10'000, DC11 6'000, DC12 5'000]
> >
> >* GOLD - starting from CHF 15'000 [DC10 20'000, DC11 12'000, DC12 12'500]
> >
> >* PLATINUM - starting from CHF 30'000 [DC10 30'000, DC11 30'000, DC12 25'000]
>
> Please justify the increasing amounts needed for each sponsor
> level.

Just to be clear: AFAIK living in Switzerland costs more than in most
of the other countries, e.g. with Zürich and Genève being in the
top-10 of the most expensive cities in the world (I do not remember
the last survey where I got those positions, though).

And I do not think my proposal "simply" increased the amount: I
checked previous DebConfs, again with DC10 being the more closest to
DC13, and then draw the lines for the levels.  As you can see, such
levels are even cheaper than DC10's.

> I've personally had to explain to several sponsors why they've
> got to find a lot more money than previously if they're going to get
> the same exposure. Bronze used to get on the T-shirts, now
> doesn't.

This was not my decision, but for DC12.  Please note that I completely
agree with an easy way to recognize the level from the reward, though.

> You're suggesting we should raise silver level by 50% from
> this year to next year. Platinum is *already* so high that we didn't
> find any companies prepared to meet that level this year, but you want
> to raise it again...

I tried to have a 50% raise from one level to another, still keeping
the first level as much accessible as possible, because after DC10 the
STEEL entry level was dropped and we (the DC13 localteam) think that
in Switzerland we could have more small than big sponsors.

I should admit that I have not checked the sponsors we got for this
year (I am mostly offline these days).  We can decide to lower them,
but I would be in favor of keeping a direct raising line, not an
exponential curve.

As a final note: I made my proposal, now it is time for the other to
come up with theirs ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca