[Debconf-team] Money meeting minutes

Money meeting, Tuesday 15.15:

This meeting was to decide issues about money flows during the DebConf
period.

===

Procedures for money spending:

- items already in the budget, where there is no material change, are
  already authorised before DebConf

- for transactions of up to $150, we will authorise $500 of local
  spending, with new batches (probably also $500) to follow when that
  is exhausted

- the non-authorised procedure is expected to be used for "necessary"
  items

- transactions above $150 should be agreed by the DebConf team, and
  formally authorised by at least two DebConf Chairs

- except where there are overriding circumstances, all expected
  transactions should be communicated to the DebConf accountant before
  money is spent -- during DebConf12, Henning can be contacted on
  accounting@debconf.org and (+505) 84875226

- after each transaction, the DebConf accountant should be informed of
  the amount, who spent it, and the description and purpose of the
  items purchased

- if the person who spent the money is being reimbursed locally (or
  spent cash that was already on-site), the original receipt should be
  given to the DebConf accountant

- if the person who spent the money is requesting a reimbursement from
  SPI/FFIS/other Debian funds, they should let the DebConf accountant
  take a copy of the receipt, but keep the original

- where people are requesting SPI/FFIS/etc. reimbursement, they are
  responsible themselves for ensuring that they are reimbursed -- this
  will require them to fill in the relevant forms and send them to the
  organisation in question along with the original receipts, as soon
  as possible, and certainly within three months from the end of
  DebConf

===

We aim for a final zero balance in Nicaragua, at the end of DebConf. We recognise that this is hard when most items don't have invoices, and when we are still waiting for some local sponsorship money to arrive. The big remaining expenses are the hotel and 2/3 of the food price.

--
Moray