Re: [Debconf-team] budget and number of attendees

[reordering replies]

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:27:11PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,

> > The budget lists income from prof/corp people.  Thus, we can look at
> > the total cost of all rooms anyone asks for (we don't need to separate
> > sponsored from unsponsored when deciding how many rooms we need to pay
> > for).  However, some people are requesting rooms and they are not
> > corporate, professional, or sponsored.  These people may not know they
> > will be expected to give us money.  If they will give us money, it
> > isn't included in the budget.  It is likely a lot of them will decide
> > they don't want our accom once they are asked to pay.  What are we
> > doing about this category?
>
> > Here http://debconf-data.alioth.debian.org/stats/rooms-by-date-2.txt
> > we see the maximum number of rooms asked for debcamp is around 75
> > (average more like 60) and for debconf it is around 175.
> >
> > If we exclude the basic, without sponsored accommodation peolpe, that
> > drops to:  around 65 for debcamp, around 130 for debconf.
> >
> > So, there are around 40 people we need to deal with in the "middle"
> > category who we should make sure they know they need to pay (and
> > ideally putting them into professional) or removing them from
> > accommodation.
>
> what accomodation type did these people request?
>
> or do we have 40 people who requested sponsored accom and didnt get it?

It is about 40 people in category "Basic, *no* sponsored food or
accom" and *do* request accommodation.

We should:
- Let these people know they are going to need to pay, estimate the
costs, add it to our budget, (optionally move them into professinal if
that's how we want to handle it)

- Let them know they won't have accom and mark them in penta as not
having accom.

At least that's my opinion.

> include them in the budget? ;)

Can be done once the above is decided.

> > I was looking at the budget.  Has anyone synced the number of people
> > we are planning to pay for with the number of attendees?
>
> I don't think so.

Once the above is done, we can properly do this.

Unless this gets done, we can't properly do the reconfirmation
procedure - as in, peolpe will have reconfirmed, but we still won't be
able to get final numbers for accom/budget purposes.

And yes, I am using "we" as "someone who isn't me", since I don't have
time to deal with this stuff...

- Richard