[Debconf-team] budget and number of attendees

Hi,

I was looking at the budget.  Has anyone synced the number of people
we are planning to pay for with the number of attendees?

The budget lists income from prof/corp people.  Thus, we can look at
the total cost of all rooms anyone asks for (we don't need to separate
sponsored from unsponsored when deciding how many rooms we need to pay
for).  However, some people are requesting rooms and they are not
corporate, professional, or sponsored.  These people may not know they
will be expected to give us money.  If they will give us money, it
isn't included in the budget.  It is likely a lot of them will decide
they don't want our accom once they are asked to pay.  What are we
doing about this category?

Here http://debconf-data.alioth.debian.org/stats/rooms-by-date-2.txt
we see the maximum number of rooms asked for debcamp is around 75
(average more like 60) and for debconf it is around 175.

If we exclude the basic, without sponsored accommodation peolpe, that
drops to:  around 65 for debcamp, around 130 for debconf.

So, there are around 40 people we need to deal with in the "middle"
category who we should make sure they know they need to pay (and
ideally putting them into professional) or removing them from
accommodation.

A similar analysis could be done for food, but since that costs less,
and hopefully we can pay per actual person, that is less important.

- Richard