Re: [Debconf-team] Creating a debconf13 association

Hi Gaudenz,

Gaudenz Steinlin dijo [Mon, May 07, 2012 at 11:30:35PM +0200]:
> (...)
> These are the main points that need changing or that are suboptimal for Debconf:
> * No majority for the Debconf orgateam inside debian.ch (to have a
>   do-ocracy where those that do the work have the power to decide)
> * Not really possible to have Debconf global team members as members of
>   debian.ch. At least we would have to stretch the membership rules for
>   this.

So far, global team members have not been made members of any of the
national entities which have handled DebConf's legal presence.

> * We would need a debian.ch AGM as soon as possible to decide that
>   debian.ch wants to organize Debconf. The current bylaws don't grant
>   the board the right to decide this on it's own. This is strictly
>   speaking not a change to the bylaws but organizing an AGM is probably
>   not much less work as creating a new association.
> * If we want to get tax-exepmtion we need to add some paragraphs about
>   the goals and what happens in case of closing debian.ch (money has to
>   go to a similar organisation).

Right. However, I think holding an AGM can be seen as a opportunity to
get the tax-exemption paperwork done :)

Anyway - I'm not opposing to the creation of a new entity. However,
after creating it, you must also ensure it gets disbanded in due time
(that is, when its object is fulfilled). I think it has costed us
several years to close some of the conf-specific organizations we made
in the past (Brazil, UK).