Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] C&W date

Leandro Gómez dijo [Sat, May 05, 2012 at 11:22:02AM -0600]:
> > > Ouch, 3km away, that's a challenge. Will people still easily come if
> > > they're not free to go in and out back to the hacklabs or so? That's
> > > my concern.
>
> Actually, it's 7km away. 10 minutes by car from UCA.
>
> Another problem is that if you want to leave early, it's quite difficult to
> get a taxi outside the Cultural Center. You have to walk at least 400-500
> meters to the main road to get one.
> (…)
> We can explore other options. There's a place just across the street from
> UCA but I'm not sure if it's accesible and we probably have to pay to rent
> it.

Just updating on this topic: We went yesterday to a place quite close
to the main venue ("Los cipreses", or was it "El ciprés"? ~200m away,
requires crossing one busy street), and it seems it can be
perfect. The place is currently being refurbished and is to start
working in mid-May.

It is *not* as close to the hacklab as to allow bouncing between
there and the C&W party. The hacklab is inside the University, and
there is a strict policy of no smoking+no alcohol in its
premises... So it's AFAICT the closest available place.

We still have to get information regarding on pricing and conditions.