Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf13-localteam] Kindergarden / alternative youth program for DC13?

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 08:58:07 +0200, Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@cateee.net> wrote:
> On 27.04.2012 07:14, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> >>
> >> Are there any legal issues around that in Switzerland?  I hope not,
> >> but in some countries any kind of non-family childcare requires that
> >> the carers have some certification/clearance.
> >
> > In the US, I know such regulations can vary at state or even local levels. I
> > know regulation in Switzerland is often similarly implemented at cantonal or
> > local levels. Whoever looks into this should consider all of that in addition
> > to national rules. Hopefully it will be feasible - DebConf childcare is a great
> > idea!
>
> We will check the legal requirements. I don't think it can be ruled
> locally, but education is a sensible sector, thus there can be stricter
> rules on cantonal basis. DebConf is in a regular camp (which already
> hosts youth camps), so I think there is no problem on legal side about
> logistic (safety, infrastructure, noise, neighbour, ...)

It could be regulated on the cantonal level. But AFAIK there are no
restrictions as long as this is not for profit and private to Debconf.
At least I don't know any such restrictions for youth camps. In the
canton of Vaud you need to register a youth camp with the authorities
but I think we are not affected by this because Le Camp itself is in a
different canton (but only by a few meters) and it's not a youth camp.

There was talk about stricter regulations at the federal level but this
part of the law did not pass in the end. [1]

Gaudenz

[1] http://www.nzz.ch/nachrichten/politik/schweiz/kinderbetreuung_lizenz_bewilligung_bundesrat_zurueck_1.4232995.html
--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.