Re: [Debconf-team] Kindergarden / alternative youth program for DC13?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:33:59PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:
> On 2012-04-26 22:10, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> >I think that this can be organized
> >mostly on an ad-hoc basis right before or during the conference.
> >Or do
> >(potential) parents think that this needs to be more formal?
>
> Are there any legal issues around that in Switzerland?  I hope not,
> but in some countries any kind of non-family childcare requires that
> the carers have some certification/clearance.

In the US, I know such regulations can vary at state or even local levels. I
know regulation in Switzerland is often similarly implemented at cantonal or
local levels. Whoever looks into this should consider all of that in addition
to national rules. Hopefully it will be feasible - DebConf childcare is a great
idea!

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org