Re: [Debconf-team] Before opening the registration with Penta...

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 12:50:50 -0500, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> Moray Allan dijo [Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 01:02:20PM +0100]:
> > > - Debian roles - I'm including the following, mainly aiming at getting
> > >  numbers for statistics (nothing should be decided upon them):
> > > (…)
> > >  Do you agree with this? Am I missing anything? Should I squash any
> > >  two (i.e. uploading and nonuploading DD)?
> >
> > I don't see the sense in separating those.  Both mean "Debian member",
> > and separating them risks it sounding like we think one is less good
> > than the other.
> >
> > I would suggest mentioning "Debian contributor" as the catch-all, e.g.
> > "Other Debian contributor"
>
> My main reason for doing this is that we like to deaggregate numbers
> for final reports and the like. As we were up to DC11, the numbers
> made very little sense. So, maybe we could add a text saying that no
> discrimination is to be done based on this...?

I'm not sure if there really should be no discrimination based on these
categories. If there is not enough money to sponsor food and
accomodation for everyone I'd vote to first drop the sponsorship for
those "Only interested in Debian". So this may be misleading.

Gaudenz