Re: [Debconf-team] DC11 sponsorship levels

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> You mean only returning sponsors can sponsor a "thing"?

I think the point was that you shouldn't be able to *only* sponsor,
say, a single special pizza delivery, and have your name advertised
around this, getting more publicity than another sponsor who gives us
$50,000 that we use to buy food for the rest of the week.

So I think it's not "returning" sponsors, but that there's some
minimum sponsorship (not mathematically defined, at least so far) to
qualify.  It's better for us if everyone just gives unrestricted
money, rather than money for specific items so that we can't match our
own priorities.

--
Moray