[Debconf-team] DebConf13 bid status meeting: Saturday 2012-01-21, 19:00UTC

Hi all,

As announced, today I ve just closed the Doodle poll. The prefered
time for the meeting is this Saturday, January 21, at 19:00 UTC.

Answering to Moray's precisions in the last mail: Yes, this meeting
should be what we have defined as the "Bid status meeting" in the "bid
process" page¹. We are not expected to have a decision by the end of
this meeting (although it is possible, and even desirable in case one
of the bidders is clearly better positioned than the others - That's
very seldom the case, we usually have very good proposals from all
sides).

In the (quite likely) case it is needed, I think we should aim for a
final decision meeting around three weeks after this one - Around
February 11. I suggest one of the points for this status meeting is
the formalization of -again, as Moray said- the specifics of the
decision meeting: Who shall be part of the committee, what the
specific decision criteria will be, etc.

For this weekend's meeting to be as swift and short as possible, I
invite you all to get familiarized with the two bid teams that
remained active through this process: Switzerland and Latvia².

Of course, if any of the other teams is willing to go forward with
their bid, please update *soon* the main DebConf13 page³.

See you this Saturday!

¹ http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/BidProcess

² http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Switzerland/Bid
  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Latvia