Re: [Debconf-team] What is Debian Day vs DebConf vs DebCamp.

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Andrew McMillan <andrew@morphoss.com> wrote:

Quite different audiences and models of participation.  This separation
is important: we don't *want* DebConf attendees to think that "Debian
Day" is intended for their consumption.

Well, as I see it, Debian Day is a 'developers-meets-users' thing, where the Debian Developers have the opportunity to talk about all the cool stuff they do in Debian and get people excited about it (and even motivate some of them to start contributing to the Debian Project).

I understand that some of you can see it as a 'waste of time', as it takes one day off the DebConf week, but it has been like that for the past three DebConfs. If having the Debian Day as part of DebConf is an issue, I guess we can change it to the last day of DebCamp. Logistically speaking, it would mean to rent the conference spaces for an additional day, but other than that, I think we're fine with it.