[Debconf-team] Accommodation details

Hi,

After a lot of talk on the mailing list and on the IRC channel, it
really looks like the best option is going to be to operate just like
we did for DebConf10: we reserve the rooms for the Prof./Corp.
attendees, they pay us through FFIS/SPI.  People can still book their
own places, by selection the Registration Only option.

The updated info for this process is at:
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Registration

    * Corporate registration (€1000) USD 1400/week - includes
accommodation and food, if desired. Has a deadline for payment.
    * Professional registration (€450) USD 650/week - includes
accommodation and food, if desired. Has a deadline for payment.
    * Sponsored registration (food+accommodation provided) Free. Has a
deadline for registration.
    * Basic registration. Free. (no accommodation or food provided.)

We wanted to avoid being the middle-men, but having 3 separate hotels,
and the hotel interfaces not allowing to directly pay by credit card,
means it's really easier for everyone if we just handle it ourselves.

Also, on a related note, we would aim to host all the DebConf
attendees in the hotels.  We have the dorms for free, but they are
1.5km away (about a mile, for those with the old measurements in
mind), they could be used to host the people that wouldn't normally
qualify as DebConf attendees.

If anyone thinks anything here is wrong, please speak up.  Otherwise,
we should implement this in Penta ASAP, so that we can open
registration.

--
Besos,
Marga