Re: [Debconf-team] March 31st update - accomodation

> Should reserve the single rooms with the big bed for those that are
> paying? Or should we tell them to find a roommate and thus pay less?
> (if the price is per-room, people staying with a roommate pay only €19
> per night, while people staying alone pay €38 per night).

Well a lot of people like to be by themselves in the room. For those
who don't want to be alone or want to get it cheaper maybe have an
"Find a roommate" in Penta?

> I don't think we will be able to use the double rooms here, or well,
> maybe we do, but that means discounting the same people from the
> previous hotel.  So, this adds to: 5*2 + 6 + 5 + 3*10 = 51 people.

Yes, I would suggest we use every single room we could get.

> I don't think that having to share _a room_ with 2 other people is
> problematic.  What is not acceptable is to share _a bed_ with unknown
> people.  As long as each person has their bed, it's not bad to have a
> 3 person room.

Palas even had 4 bedded rooms, but said that would be too much.

They won't be with unknown people, all these rooms will be ours and
we'll be the ones putting who's going to be in those rooms.

> So, in total in these hotels we have room for approximately:
> 170+ 51+ 71 = 292.
>
> I guess that is about enough.  The number of attendees for DebConf has
> been around 300, so we should also expect about 300 this time.
>
> This means that in case we have a bit of a surplus, like 10 or 15
> extra people, they won't have room in these hotels, but putting them
> in the dorms 1.5km away wouldn't be very nice.

I agree, just so you know besides these three we have another 3 hotels
in our consideration, so we could check these other three as well.

> There are some DebConf attendees that prefer to go to a more expensive
> hotel, and pay and arrange that themselves (Canonical or HP employees
> have done this in the past, for example) . Are there any other options
> in the neighborhood, that we could maybe recommend to such people?  If
> so, it would reduce the apparent load on these hotels.

Yes, Bosna has coule of presidential apartments, same thing with
government building. Where they have couple of presidential apartments
as well, that were built to be used in case sheiks or someone else was
in city, but President offered them to us in case we need to
accommodate someone who wants luxury and stuff.

Adnan