Re: [Debconf-team] penta foo

>> i just created DC11 entry in our production pentabarf, with a set of
>> days for it. No rooms or anything else, no logo. But any pentabarf admin
>> can now easily modify that conference entry (dont press "Delete" :) ).
>> You most probably want to put a logo there, change names of days, add
>> rooms, modify css.
> Yay \o/

> Now, where should I do this same thing in Cletus, straight in the DB?
> I'd think so, but according to what you wrote, I'd think it involved
> some files as well.

No, the thing is done via the webinterface.
Dont ask me for user/pass on cletus, its randomized. So THAT you get
yourself by modifying the user table on cletus.
But you dont do such a thing on skinner.

>> - I disagree with plainly removing fields from the pentabarf rxml files.
>>   If you don't want them in one conference, do set an "if" around them
>>   and check for conference_id. If you plainly delete them you break the
>>   display of prior conferences.
>>   Moving them would be fine, but plain delete is bad. (What happens is
>>   that, when someone visits a prior debconf entry and hits save, the
>>   data for that field would be lost. And we do allow people to see their
>>   last year entry. And admins anyways.)
> Perfect. Updated to a saner way, please comment.

Very quick look only, but if you set @thisconf == :argentina that up
somewhere, fine.

>> - The submission_controller save_person has a hack that enables to block
>>   certain changes. Which is what we want after the apply deadline. But
>>   right now this needs to be deactivated. Comment it out. You will see
>>   what i mean when you check for a if/elsif chain involving lots of
>>   numbers right at the beginning of def save_person
>>   Its a set of multiple blocked things, you may want to allow them all
>>   for now. down until POPE.user.person_id.
> Ufff, this is far from beautiful. Well, at least that means I should
> not aim at writing the most beautiful hacks ever :-}

Not beautiful but works.

--
bye, Joerg
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have