Re: [Debconf-team] on talk duration, the LCA model (45 + 15 mins)

Quoting Stefano Zacchiroli (zack@debian.org):

> To the best of my memory, the venue where we had the largest distance
> among rooms have been Argentina, but even in that case it was just 5-10
> minutes of actual walk from room to room. I can hardly imagine any

Hmmm, in ARG, the talk rooms were *very close*. Indeed, there was only
one as the other one was mostly a "bof" room

The place where the distance *between talk rooms* was the 'longest' was
indeed Edinburgh (DC7). It was also the place where we had the largest
talk schedule and IIRC everybody reminds it as difficult to handle.

Of course, one should also consider the distance between hacklabs and
talk rooms and, in this, things have varied over years:

- Helsinki and Oaxtepec (DC5 and DC6) had a quite significant distance
- Porto Alegre (DC4), Edinburgh (DC7), Mar del Plata (DC8), Caceres
(DC9) and New York (DC10) had short distance

(dunno for DC0 to DC3 as I wasn't there...but those were very
different from what DebConf became after DC4)

In this, I think that everybody agrees that a large distance between
talk rooms and hacklabs isn't the best option. Ideally, its best to
have them in the same building (NY was very close to this).

> Another argument I forgot to mention is that the break is useful also to
> enable attendees hang around and ask speakers a few questions, in case
> they didn't get a chance, or didn't feel like, to do so publicly (seems
> to happen fairly often here at LCA).

That makes many arguments for your proposal and I am also among those
people who think this is a great suggestion.