Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] DebConf11 TV Ad?

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg@fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> Hi Adnan--
>
> What language will this spot be in?
>
> On 06/29/2011 09:29 AM, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
>> The way I thought about this ad was, to have list of cities where it
>> was held so far, then couple of keywords,
>
> The full list of cities where debconf has been held, at one city per
> second, is already the full spot :(
>
>> linux?
>
> Debian isn't all Linux any more, though this is probably not an
> unreasonable association.  We are more universally dependent on GNU,
> though (even our kFreeBSD ports rely on GNU), so we should probably
> throw in GNU if we're doing associated keywords.
>
>> open source?
>
> *cough cough* "Free Software" please.  Freedom matters.  I don't mind
> "Open Source" as part of the phrase "Free and Open Source Software".
> But we have the DFSG, not the DOSSG.
>
>> debian?
>
> This seems reasonable, yes :)
>
>> google?
>
> google?  really?  if i had 10 seconds to explain anything about debian
> and/or debconf, i can't imagine how Google would take up any of it.
>
> . and then date when DebConf wil be held and where.
>
> yes, this seems critical.
>
> If we're trying to encourage people to come to Debian Day (which i think
> is a nice idea), maybe we want some thing about learning, meeting
> people, workshops, etc?
>
> Velimir (since you're managing debian day), what sort of noise would you
> make about debian day if you had a handful of seconds to make it?

Definitely say something along "Debian (GNU/Linux) install
party/tutorial/presentation for GNU/Linux newbies". Also what Daniel
said, "some thing about learning, meeting
people, workshops, etc" (and by learning i mean learning about debian
and how one could get involved).
That will attract a lot of younger people who are interested but not
yet involved in Free Software (GNU/Linux => Debian).

--
Velimir