Re: [Debconf-team] Final numbers

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 02:58:19PM +0100, Moray Allan wrote:

> I tried choosing sponsorship now with a test account and got an error
>
> "The deadline for sponsored attendees' registration was May 19, so
> your changes were not accepted. Contact registration@debconf.org if
> changes are needed."
>
> So there is some check in place.

I tried the same, and it seems that only DDs are blocked from
registering sponsored.  Other debian statuses can still select
sponsored.

Perhaps this should be fixed before sending the emails asking people
to fix stuff.

I actually think that it is the fact that category (sponsored, etc)
depends on status (DD, ...) that gets causes a lot of problems.  if
you change status, category can get reset (or you could lose
sponsorship).  I can think of other ways this could fail...  But
anyway, this is what we are left with...

- richard