Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf11-localteam] Ho Ho Ho

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 21:58:03 +0200, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> It's hard to believe such chaos rose from Mtel's good intentions.

I don't think it's _that_ hard -- Daniel's concerns may have had a little
knee-jerk reaction mixed in, but they are mostly reasonable (either that
or my knees have the same problem as his ;-)

Note, I'm not complaining -- this seems like a very helpful thing, since
when I'm away from home I generally avoid getting SIMs despite them being
useful, because I'm fed up with being ripped off by the confusion
marketing combined with my failure to understand the arcane ways of
pre-pay cards in different locations.

This offer gets past that hurdle, so I'm sure will make the lives of
everyone who's interested slightly less stressful -- and cheaper :-)

It does make me wonder if there's any chance of somehow connecting these
SIMs with the VoIP system that I'm planning on setting up again this
year -- for instance, is there any way we could sort out a SIP gateway
to these numbers and treat them as extensions?  Or vice versa (so they
get to dial a number internal to Mtel and have that pop out via a SIP
trunk into our sip system?

Just a thought -- no implied criticism even if that isn't possible
(which I would imagine it isn't).

Cheers, Phil.