Re: [Debconf-team] Route from Brazil

Hi Otavio,

I just phoned Adria Airlines (+386 123 91 910) who (between long pauses
while the looked things up) were very helpful.

To remind you of the suggested route, it's Lufthansa to Munich, then
Adria to Banja Luka via Ljubljana.

=-=-=-
Lufthansa
Sau Paulo (GRU) 14/07 16:50 --> 15/07 09:45 Munich (MUC)

Adria
   Munich (MUC) 15/07 14:10 --> 15:00 Ljubljana (LJU)
Ljubljana (LJU)       15:30 --> 16:15 Banja Luka (BNX)
=-=-=-

this is apparently the same Adria plane for both legs, so you should be
able to simple sit on the plane.

On the way back:

=-=-=-
Adria
BNX 03/08 16:40 -->       17:25 LJU
LJU       18:30 -->       19:30 MUC

Lufthansa
MUC       21:35 --> 04/08 05:10 GRU
=-=-=-

Annoyingly, now that I check, the price for those dates on the the
Lufthansa leg has now gone up to 1391.81 GBP (it was 1180-ish when I
settled on that date *sigh*) -- I'm sure it's worth describing this
route still though, as it will at least give you a starting point for
comparisons.

It looks like you could fly from Brazil on the 17th for 1246.19 GBP, but
I don't know if they're doing the same-plane thing on that date, you'd
have to check.

The Adria price for the Monday 18th is the same (278.69 EUR) so the only
issue would be to check that they're also doing both legs of the trip
with the same plane on that day.

I've been using travelocity (among others) to find the flights from
Brazil (I seem not to be able to find matching prices from Lufthansa's
own site for some reason *shrug*)

For Adria, I was using:  https://www.adria.si/en/booking.cp2

The only concern I see with this is on the return route, where missing
the connection, or problems with either Adria plane could mean missing
the return to Brazil -- It might be worth dealing with a decent travel
agent in order to ensure that someone is selling you the whole trip, and
so willing to deal with broken connections (especially since booking in
Brazil might result in lower prices anyway).  I suppose that decent
travel insurance might be an alternative solution.

Planning to pause for a day or two in Munich might take the pressure off
too.

Adria Airlines wanted to be informed of the dimensions of your
wheelchair, and suggested that you talk to the before booking.

Cheers, Phil.

P.S. Ah, (you just said on IRC) you're planning to stay on after DC anyway,
in which case there are flights with TAM for 1096.30 GBP being quoted if
the return's after 9th Aug, and Lufthansa are offering the combination
of 17th Jul & 10th Aug for 1027 GBP each, which is one of the cheaper
prices I've seen so far.  Prices are on the move though, so you should
probably sort out a booking soon.

That cheapest Lufthansa price is for flying on the Sunday, so you'd be
in Banja Luka on Monday 18th at 16:45, which seems civilised.