Re: [Debconf-team] Fwd: debian day for debconf 11

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2011, Velimir Iveljic wrote:
> Regarding the date of Debian Day, i don't think it was intentionally
> put to be on the same day as the "arrival day", but it kind of
> happened so. I would suggest we move the arrival day to 23rd, but i
> remember a huge discussion about why we should/not do it (it was an
> argue whether people would be allowed to come before the conference
> start or not) and as it seems the conclusion was that arrival day
> should also be on 24th.
>
> Maybe we can discuss this issue on the next global meeting?

Sureley we can discuss anything. I'm just not sure if its smart to move
DebianDay around now. Some people have already booked.

(Also, usually many DDs are not that interested in DebianDay and thus will
"abuse" DebianDay to arrive anyway.)

cheers,
	Holger