[Debconf-team] Fwd: debian day for debconf 11

Follow up from debconf-team@lists.debian.org.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Velimir Iveljic <velimir.lists@foolcontrol.org>
Date: Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: debian day for debconf 11
To: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net>
Cc: debconf-team@lists.debian.org

Hi,

As I only took this task on yesterday, i still need some time to
figure all this out. And yes i will be "the point person" on this.

I have some rough ideas that need to be worked on, which i will do in
the next few days and then come to the global team with them so you
guys can see if they're good/bad/need fixing/etc.

Regarding the date of Debian Day, i don't think it was intentionally
put to be on the same day as the "arrival day", but it kind of
happened so. I would suggest we move the arrival day to 23rd, but i
remember a huge discussion about why we should/not do it (it was an
argue whether people would be allowed to come before the conference
start or not) and as it seems the conclusion was that arrival day
should also be on 24th.

Maybe we can discuss this issue on the next global meeting?

Velimir