Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine ad(s)

On May 10, 2011 2:46 AM, "Moray Allan" <moray@sermisy.org> wrote:
> Is something appropriate happening on the (?) Linux Journal/whatever
> other magazine adverts we're sponsored in-kind?

Thanks to Clint, who managed to find out the formal status:

22:09 < Clint> moray: the august issue is still available, it mails
out on june 24, there is also the potential for a banner ad. they need
to send us a bill for $0 and need an address for this. they want to be
listed as a media sponsor.

This probably means that the deadline for us to get in is very soon --
in a previous year it appears to have been the start of May.

As a reminder, a draft advert has been prepared,
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/File:DC11_NN_03.png

We *must* add sponsor logos to this, and it might additionally be
useful to add at least a brief text to explain what DebConf is!

For comparison, last year's advert is at
http://emdebian.org/~zumbi/docs/lj-final.pdf

--
Moray