Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] Extending registration period

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> I agree with many of your views, however theres only ~12hours left
> until 8th which was/is original date when sponsored registrations
> close, I need to know are we extending sponsored registrations until
> 19th or not, whatever the decision might be I need to know in order to
> coordinate my next steps.

Well, we don't need to announce the extension before the original
deadline, it's good if the original deadline encourages people to
register quickly first. :)

But yes, let's make an extension, because of your original request
(announcing in conferences) and also because of Holger's reasons:

> further thinking about the "last mile problem" (aka busses) and this led me to
> wonder whether it would be sensible to extend cfp, travel + food+accom
> sponsorship deadlines _all_ to May 19th.

> and, if so, decide + _publish_ this fast and then soon after / even better at
> the same time improve+publish the bus information, ie the public bus tables
> from Zagreb (and elsewhere?) to Banja Luka plus a "holdable promise" of
> special shuttles (taxis?), ie one or two per day - except on maybe two days
> where we'll actually have busloads of arrivals.

Any announcements within Debian should of course emphasise that this
is a one-off extension (we can say, due to additional support from the
government), that won't lead to further extensions of deadlines this
year or in future years!

--
Moray