Re: [Debconf-team] Extending registration period

On Thu, 05 May 2011 12:35:14 -0300, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote
> Hi.
>
> Excerpts from Holger Levsen's message of Qui Mai 05 12:08:31 -0300 2011:
> (...)
> > P.S.: for decision finding I'd suggest ACK mails or mails stating why this
is
> > a bad idea.
>
> I think extending the deadline for everything is a good idea.

As I said before, I think we shouldn't extend the deadline for travel
sponsorship. Only food/accom, since these will be paid direclty by the govt so
will not impact in DC11 budgeting.

> The most important argument I see against it is delaying the
> information about who gets travel sponsorship, which means more
> expensive tickets.  When do sponsored people know that they are
> going to be sponsored usually?

I don't have past dates here, but my feeling is we're late this year, which
would be one more reason to not extend travel sponsorship request dates.

Regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org