Re: [Debconf-team] Is someone working on the Linux Journal Ad?

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Velimir Iveljic
<velimir.lists@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> Yes i have seen the last years add, but that one invited ppl to Debian
> Day, which is kind of pointless for us to do now, if everyone agrees
> with me?
>
> My thoughts were to simply invite everyone to come to DebConf since it
> would make more sense.
>

> Velimir
<snip>

I'd like to hear from some folks on the global team, as I'm not 100%
sure what would be the best use of the ad at this point? (I largely
agree about debian day though, since that will largely be targeted at
your local non-english speaking populace).

Regarding my feedback on your ad draft, I feel that you should at
least have a URL and email address for folks to get more info, as the
current ad draft doesn't say much about the conference itself. And
maybe put in a URL for folks that might be interested in sponsoring? I
would also consider putting in the full name of the conference:
"Debian Developers Conference, and maybe a blurb about what debconf
is. Maybe steal some verbiage from this page? http://www.debconf.org/

-Brian

P.S. - /me ducks back under the rock I am slaving under.