Re: [Debconf-team] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 11:23:09PM +0000, Adnan Hodzic wrote:

> After DebConf9 and my bid presentation for DebConf11 in Bosnia, I
> participated in building this NGO from the ground up. I’m also the
> author of the organization’s website, where you can find more
> information: www.diva.ba

Global people, it can be useful to check out these two pages.  Use
some online translator from croatian:

- http://diva.ba/?page_id=2  (about)
- http://diva.ba/?page_id=6  (mission)

Here are some questions:

I don't see prominent mentions of Free Software, except the DebConf
parts.  It seems to be much more general organization.

Who is on the board of directors?  What is its charter?  Who does the
board report to?

To give context about money-holding organizations, SPI and FFIS are
both designed for softwae and information related purposes.  Both have
a formal relationship with Debian, and there is a Debian liason in the
project to these organizations.  Also, as an extra level of
association, Debian Members work prominently in both of these
organizations.

I hope this puts both DIVA and SPI/FFIS in context, so we can work out
how to handle things.

- Richard