Re: [Debconf-team] [rt.debconf.org #1965] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 05:49:29PM +0100, Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> We (DIVA) talked to the accountant again, and I've mentioned contracts
> above. After accountant looked over this again, she says that we would
> need to make contract with every person we would grant that
> sponsorship t, + every single person would be 10% tax.

This "contract" is what is needed to disburse money to a person?

> So DIVA would rather have some other NGO (of these two) pay for the
> travel/accommodation/food sponsorships because of this situation. In
> case some of these NGO's didn't collect enough money to pay for all of
> it, DIVA would send them required amount for the collected money.

Is the government handling the accommodation and food for sponsored
attendees, separate from the NGO?  This is what some of us had
understood.

(depending on the answer to this I will have more follow-up
questions.)

> I think the best way we could have this resolved is by dividing
> responsibilities and what each NGO is going to pay for after the
> sponsorship money is collected.

To facilitate this, could you start working up a list of expected
costs, and who is paying them if they are know (for example, gov
paying directly for hotel and food and venue and not having to pass
through us).  For now, just use whatever format is most convenient and
we can start making real budget spreadsheet or whatever later.

Thanks,

- Richard