Re: [Debconf-team] [rt.debconf.org #1965] The relationship between DIVA and SPI in terms of sponsorship money

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 01:49:22AM +0000, Moray Allan wrote:
> - Can DIVA hold money *on behalf of* Debian (which does not itself
> exist as a legal body)?  At the moment several organisations hold
> money on behalf of Debian, including SPI and FFIS, but DIVA would need
> to put in place appropriate structures to distinguish Debian money
> from its other funds.  Actually taking Debian money also requires
> Debian (not just DebConf) approval.

Just a procedural comment on that. The existence of "Debian trusted
organizations" is ruled by the Debian Constitution (see §9.3).
Maintaining the list of such organization is, at present, delegated to
the Debian Auditors [1,2]. That is just to say that such a decision
cannot be taken on isolation by DebConf people. As a consequence, if you
find lighter way of dealing with that it would be probably easier for
everybody.

I missed yesterday meeting, so it's possible this has already been
raised as a topic, but I guess DebConf has been in a very similar
situation of the present one with DebConf in Extremadura, is there no
best practice from that past experience that can be reused?

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Auditor
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/10/msg00004.html