Re: [Debconf-team] Inviting certain people, Mitnick

-1 for Mitnick but I'm interested in the reasoning behind your choice.

If we build the profile of the person you want to bring we can discuss
it further, although I feel the talk and somewhat the person has to be
Debian-related.

I got a few sample points of very strong negative feedback in DC10 for
the non-Debian-related talks.

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Adnan Hodzic <adnan@foolcontrol.org> wrote:
> @Michael,
>
> I was planning to have a lot of local speakers, we just don't have any
> names in particular.
>
> I was planning to more done between us, since I think local team
> members should research topic, get involved and then lecture certain
> ideas, basically propositions why should Debian be used in
> universities or companies and so on.
>
> Besides that I really don't even know who target locally on regional
> level, by this I mean Balkans. So that's why I was thinking of all of
> this more in a global sense. People from our whole region don't travel
> that much, for various reasons. But from beginning this idea was to
> bring the world to us, so people from whole region could extend and
> wieden their ideas and their views.

Well, many times the widening comes from seeing your own people
standing their ground to "the world". You might have plenty of awesome
speakers in your area, just waiting to be tapped.

If you want to go as far as Romania, most probably there are some
renowned "security consultants". Maybe convincing them to submit a
talk about Debian security holes? Just some ideas ("throwing some meat
in the BBQ", as we say in my country).

P.