Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf discussion: Purpose of DebConf

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:57:02PM +0200, Moray Allan wrote:
> (See my other message on 'DebConf process discussions' for the
> background to this one.)
>
> What is DebConf for?  Of course many of us think it's great, but what
> are the highest priority elements to preserve, for example if we were
> tight on money and had to consider costs/benefits more closely?  This
> posting is meant to be an invitation to discussion, but I'll post a
> few initial thoughts of my own below for people to disagree with. :)

I guess I should weigh in... I was going to wait for others to comment
since I don't really have much to say about what I think DebConf
should be like (for me) due to that whole "haven't attended much"
thing...

It's mainly my goal to make sure that those who have desires for
DebConf are able to join and work themselves to make their own
improvements happen.

If I was going to a debconf, I'd say the meeting people aspect is most
important.  Along with that is video stuff, since as people have said
it greatly increases the effective audience.  In short, I mostly agree
with everything that Moray said.

What kind of responses would affect the future of DebConf?

- Richard