Re: [Debconf-team] [Debconf11-localteam] Sponsorship plans and prices

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

<snip>

> So how about:
>
> BENEFIT                         STEEL   BRONZE  SILVER  GOLD    PLATINUM
>
> Logo printed on attendee bag    yes     yes     yes     yes     yes
>
> Logo included in full-page
> thank you ad in Linux           yes     yes     yes     yes     yes
> Magazine worldwide
>
> Logo on web pages
> and in banner on                        yes     yes     yes     yes
> conference lobby
>
> Logo printed on t-shirts                        yes     yes     yes
>
> Logo on banner behind talk
> podiums and all video                                   yes     yes
> transmissions
>
> 45 minute slot for giving a                                     yes
> Free software-related talk
>
> CONTRIBUTION (in €)             any     >= 1k   >=5k    >=10k   >= 20k
>
> Changes are: "logo on attendee bag" moved from silver to steel, "logo on
> tshirt" moved from steel to silver and "logo on webpages" moved from steel to
> bronze.
>
> (Which has the nice side affect that our tshirts will be less crowded with
>
> What do you think? IMO it gives a fair deal to steel sponsors (world wide
> thank you ad is still cool and via the attendee bags they are also visible to
> every attendee), while on the other hand it gives good reasons to opt for
> higher sponsorship levels.

I do believe there is a logistical issue with making the change.
Judging by the sizes of the DC10 bags and shirts, there was much more
room on the shirts for logos than on the bags. I don't believe all the
Bronze+ logos would fit, let alone all the steel+ logos. (This could
probably be remedied by buying bigger and possibly more expensive bags
if people felt strongly enough about making the change.)

On additional data point. My company, Brandorr Group, was a bronze
sponsor for DC10. We initially planned to donate $1000, but the allure
of getting on the shirt was enough to convince us to go with a full
$2000 bronze sponsorship, and was/is a small point of pride for me and
the guys on my team. (I don't think from a material/business point of
view it makes a huge difference, but everyone in my company are avid
supporters of Free Software, so we were pretty happy with the logos
being there.)

I also know anecdotally that the magazine ad was a strong motivating
factor for some US based sponsors to give at the steel level. (I don't
know if this is true for non-US sponsors).

Cheers,
Brian