Re: [Debconf-team] WRL (debit card) phone chat

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 16:47:21 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy@debconf.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 04:29:55PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 03:26:39AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> > > Could you add this plan to
> > >   http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/FoodArrivalWeekend
> > > and then we will be able to compare between the different options
> > > well?
> >
> > Yes, will do now.
>
> Done. (I also put some more info in the cash section.)

I'm not necessarily pushing for this, as it will perhaps be more hassle
than the cards, but if we _wanted_ to do cash, or perhaps part-cash
part-card, we do of course have non-SPI funds available in the UK (and
possibly elsewhere).

I don't think you've even invoiced me for my sponsorship yet, so we
could reverse that and I could simply hand cash to people without any
SPI involvement, or preferably (from my accountant's point of view,
probably) we could knock up a Debian UK Society invoice for the
sponsorship, and then Debian UK (which barely has a legal existence)
could just hand out cash.  I'm not sure about any other donors that have
routed funds to Debian UK, but I doubt any of them would be worried by
such an approach (although we should of course ask).

Just an idea, in case the SPI legal/tax concern is the only reason
against the cash approach.

Cheers, Phil.