[Debconf-team] Adjustments to t-shirt order

Hi,

At our last global team meeting, we had a rather rushed discussion on
t-shirts.  A lot of us see the value of video-team shirts, but
unfortunately in the hurry we consolidated them into "Staff" shirts.
We also agreed to save on costs by limiting to two shirts per person.

Luckily, it's not too late to add or adjust our order.  I propose that
we keep the limit of two shirts per person, and transfer some of the
"Staff" t-shirts into v-t shirts.  Assuming those haven't been printed
yet, this won't cost us any more.  We should tell Gaby this as soon as
possible (Jimmy, can you do this?).

Who is opposed to transitioning 35 Staff shirts into v-t shirts, and
letting people pick among any they are eligible for / v-t manage who
gets what?

Can someone from the video team (right now) reply how many shirts you
would like, and the distribution of sizes.  (And what color?)

As for why the shirts are important:

03:07 < fil> I know it sounds prima-dona-ish all this video team
  stuff, but as a data point I know that I first
  volunteered for video work almost solely for the T shirt,
  and I was expecting it to be much more complicated
  than it is.
03:33 < fil> DrDub: part of the problem is that there is a general
  assumption that one will need previous experience
  and/or latent talent, neither of which is really true, so
  people need a nudge to come in the door
03:35 < fil> basically anyone that's technically competent enough to
  be at DC in the first place can be trained in
  about 5mins, and experienced after filming 2 talks
03:40 < fil> I can only talk from experience -- I avoided doing it for
  a couple of years because because I "knew" it
  would be difficult (this despite, or perhaps because of,
  helping build a video studio when at school) --
  eventually I decided to give it a try because I fancied the
  full set of Ts -- pathetic but true
(quoted with permission, of course)

In the event that staff shirts have already been printed, I also
propose that we instead add 35 extra v-t shirts on top of what we have
already ordered, and if we don't have the DebConf money for this, we
fund them with private donations.  Plenty of people see the v-t
valuable enough to chip in some, and we already have people willing to
do this.

- Richard