Re: [Debconf-team] Adjustments to t-shirt order - solution!

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 03:55:12AM -0400, Richard Darst wrote:
> Luckily, it's not too late to add or adjust our order.  I propose that
> we keep the limit of two shirts per person, and transfer some of the
> "Staff" t-shirts into v-t shirts.  Assuming those haven't been printed
> yet, this won't cost us any more.  We should tell Gaby this as soon as
> possible (Jimmy, can you do this?).
>
> Who is opposed to transitioning 35 Staff shirts into v-t shirts, and
> letting people pick among any they are eligible for / v-t manage who
> gets what?

Even simpler solution that doesn't require complicated logistical maneuvering:
one of our sponsors found the v-t T-shirts worthwhile enough to cover the
additional cost at no net budgetary impact to us. I've also heard a second
offer to fund the cost of the additional shirts from non-DebConf funds.

Therefore, I'm going to just add the 33 additional shirts Richard mentioned in
one of his replies (in the size/color breakdown he said there) beyond the
existing 600 in the order.

Those who were concerned about the extra costs can relax since these will be
covered by one of those offers. Those who oppose it on principle can fight that
battle for DC11 if they want; me, I care mostly about getting a solution that
will give maximum productivity and motivation to make DebConf10 a success.