Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 scheduling is available

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:35:58 +0200, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Gunnar Wolf (gwolf@gwolf.org):
>
> > FWIW, I was discussing this with a friend yesterday, and he told me he
> > has repeatedly entered the US with not-huge-but-large (i.e. 2Kg) of
> > fresh and semi-mature cheeses, and just answered "I am bringing
>
> From where? If that's from Mexico, don't you guys have trade
> agreements that might allow this while regulations between EU and USA
> are different?

I remember the french sheep farmer Jose Bove[0] bringing several
*wheels* of Roquefort on the plane with him to the WTO protests in
Seattle in 1999 in protest of a temporary ban on importing the cheese
due to a WTO dispute. Despite having a relatively high profile for these
acts at the time, he had no problems whatsoever, distributed the cheese
outside of McDonalds downtown, and then I ended up with two wheels I had
to try and get people to eat for the next few months. I'm pretty sure I
ate most of it.

The moral of the story: probably you are being way to anal about the
rules and wont have any problem whatsoever, although you might because
the rules are there; or the moral is that you need to bulldoze a
McDonalds before you come and then you wont have any problem.

micah

0. he gained international notoriety when he bulldozed a mcdonalds in
France to protest the WTO ruling that allowed the U.S. to impose
punitive high tariffs on Roquefort cheese and other European imports in
response to the European Union ban on beef raised on growth hormone.