Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 scheduling is available

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 01:20:31PM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>On 06/16/2010 07:09 AM, Andrew McMillan wrote:
>> Herding 250-odd DD's into a group photo does not fit in 30 minutes.
>> You're lucky if it fits into an hour.  Do you know who will be taking
>> the photo?  I've done it in the past, and am happy to do so again.
>
>Aigars Mahinovs (cc'ed here) added the item for the group photo to
>penta.  i dunno if he's planning on coordinating it.
>
>I was told it wouldn't take a full hour when we were reviewing talks,
>but i've never been there, and i can imagine it gets complicated so i'm
>happy that you've raised this concern.
>
>If everyone is coming on the day trip, it could be fun to do the photo
>at Coney Island.

>From past experience, you can't rely on everyone doing the day
trip. More like 50-75% attendance is what I'd expect. The group photo,
however, is normally much closer to all attendees.

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]